What's new in the latest versions?
School Psychology Tools for iOS, version 1.6.3
School Psychology Tools for Android, version 1.6.8
- This is a maintenance release. We have fixed a bug affecting all-day calendar events, plus two bugs affecting iPad users.
- We fixed a compatibility issue affecting some users of Android 4.2.
The only full-featured app designed by and specifically for School
Psychologists that works with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch—and
now Android phones and tablets, too!
Here’s what people are saying:
Read more endorsements
“I was very hesitant to purchase this app. I did finally purchase it in
October and I really like it. I actually forgot to bring my iPad today and I am
lost without it. I have stopped using a handwritten calendar and I put all of my
daily schedule into this app. The stopwatch is a great tool. The list of
evaluations in the order they are due is also very helpful. I absolutely love
this app and highly recommend it! I feel like it has also helped to organize me.
I keep showing it to others and jokingly say that it has changed my
—Susan L. Johnston, NCSP
School Psychology Tools is compatible with iPhones, iPod touch devices, and iPads with iOS 4.3 or later. It is also available for Android devices.
HD mode on the iPad was released in late 2012, and we will continue to add additional iPad-specific features!
Observations, Reports, Student Info, Evaluations, Today, Calendar, To-Do List, Age Calculator, Stopwatch, Notes & Voice Memos, Normal Curve Calculator, Featured Content
- Use robust behavior observations tools custom-designed for use by School Psychologists.
- Observe and report multiple behaviors over multiple days, using Interval, Duration, Frequency or ABC direct observation recordings.
- Record peers for comparison.
- Customize a Template to avoid configuration steps and quickly begin an observation.
- ABC, Duration and Frequency recordings have no limit on the number of behaviors you can observe without prior configuration and without stopping the observation to customize your settings.
- Generate tables and charts for behavior frequency, duration and intervals. Create either summary bar charts or line plots showing change over time.
- Generate an interactive ABC report that computes probabilities for you. Now you can easily identify what conditions are maintaining problem behaviors.
- Print an Evaluation Status Report that lists current Evaluations, Reevaluations, and Interventions, which can be sorted by Evaluation Type, Due Date, or Student Name. This report shows due dates, completion dates, and student status for your whole caseload and can be emailed/printed.
- Create a Contact Log Report showing your history of communications.
- Email or print tables and charts for easy addition into nearly any document type, including Word and Excel. Tables are produced in .html format, which allows them to be opened without any special software, on any type of computer that has a web browser (like Internet Explorer). Charts are in .jpg format, a common image type, also able to be pasted into most documents.
- AirPrint-enabled printers can print charts and tables directly from the app!
- Use Contact Logs to keep track of your counseling or assessment sessions using a customizable drop-down list of frequent types of contact. For example, you can select that you had an “Anger Management” session that was also eligible for “Medicaid” billing. Log your communications with parents as well.
- Track deadlines and other caseload information easily by sorting your students by Name, Evaluation Due Date, School, Grade, or Teacher.
- Always have with you the student data you need most, including DOB, Grade, Teacher, Intervention Specialist, Parent’s Name, Email and Phone Number, Disability and more.
- Quickly see a student’s status, in terms of what stage of an evaluation/intervention they are in.
- Plan your interventions, evaluations and reevaluations using built-in and customizable “Smart Plans.”
- “Smart Plans” are task lists much like a To-Do List; however, “Smart Plans” contain special tasks that trigger automatic actions that greatly reduce the work the user has to do to schedule events, track dates and stay aware of student progress.
- “Smart Plans” trigger such actions as changing the status of student (for example, from “Report Written” to “Meeting Scheduled”) and scheduling due dates for evaluations and reevaluations on the Calendar based on your settings. For example, when “Obtain Consent” is checked off on your Plan, the Evaluation Due Date is automatically added to the Student’s Screen, the Calendar, and the final task in your Plan (“Complete Evaluation”). By default, it is set to 60 days in the future (but this can be changed in Settings, and individual due dates can be adjusted).
- Change the default length of time allowed for completing evaluations and the length of time between reevaluations depending on the laws of your country or guidelines of your province or school.
- View all events, deadlines, and tasks for Today on one page for a quick glance at your day ahead.
- From the Main Menu, you can easily keep track of how many items remain on your list for Today.
- Manage events such as meetings and testing appointments.
- View Due Dates and Reminders for evaluations and reevaluations.
- Schedule Reevaluation Due Dates years in advance.
- Manage frequently occurring tasks (like “Calls to Make”). Give yourself Due Dates for completing individual tasks, so that these can appear on your Calendar.
- Enter a Date of Birth using the Date-Spinner and quickly see the age in Years, Months and Days.
- Choose to count up or down.
- Optionally, play a tone when timer reaches zero.
Notes & Voice Memos
- Write a quick Note or record a Voice Memo!
Normal Curve Calculator
- Easily see what percentile is equivalent to a Standard Score and more.
- We now offer searchable content from opinion leaders in school psychology. We are delighted to premiere this feature with interventions from Jim Wright and School Mental Health Minute videos from Dan Florell.
- Jim Wright is the creator of InterventionCentral.org and a certified school psychologist and school administrator in central New York State. He has over 17 years experience working in public schools and is now a full-time trainer and consultant throughout New York and nationally on RTI topics, including curriculum-based measurement, team-based problem-solving, and academic and behavioral interventions. Jim brings to the app convenient access to the excellent resources on InterventionCentral.org. Find descriptions of his various tools and interventions and search by keyword to find what you need, with "in-app access" to these valuable resources.
- Dan Florell (@schoolpsychtech), the NASP webmaster, Associate Editor of the journal School Psychology Forum, CEO of MindPsi, and author of the "Just a Click Away" column in the Communiqué brings us the School Mental Health Minute, a weekly webcast. These short videos help keep us up-to-date with current research in the field in an easily digestable yet very informative format, all in just a couple of minutes! Search by keyword to find recent research on topics of interest to you.
- Keep student data secure with privacy features, including data encryption options, that adhere to the NASP Principles for Professional Ethics. (iOS version)
- Use free Dropbox integration with our Import/Export feature to securely back up your data, preventing loss in case of a lost, stolen or damaged device.
- Use the Import/Export feature to “sync” data between multiple devices.
- Rearrange Menu icons so the features you use most often are right where you want them.
- Use the second Menu page for quick links to common tasks.
Lighten Your Load. Let Us Help.
Need help? Visit our support page
If you have feature requests or ideas, please use our feedback page